Excel - fill white space in cells

  1. #1
    Juliette UK/NZ
    Guest

    Excel - fill white space in cells

    I am creating a spreadsheet that contains a column of text followed columns
    of figures.

    I have a lot to fit into one page, the font is small, and the description in
    the text field varies in length. How can I fill the following white space
    with dots to make it easier to determine which figure follows the text in the
    preceding column?
    Shading or colour is not appropriate to aid reading along the row as the
    spreadsheet will be photocopied.
    It is not appropriate to create the file in Word, because the figures are
    updated from other cells on the spreadsheet.

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Excel - fill white space in cells

    Select the text column
    & format it as Custom, Type: @*.

    [Don't miss out the repeating character in the above,
    i.e. a period "." in this instance]
    --
    Rgds
    Max