change date format from dd/mm/yyyy to mm/yyyy

  1. #1
    flow23
    Guest

    change date format from dd/mm/yyyy to mm/yyyy

    I have a column with dates in dd/mm/yyyy . I want to get rid of the dd.
    although converting the date format does the job.. but the dd/mm/yyyy value
    still remains on the formula bar. this then makes pivot table analysis
    difficult as I want to analyse by month.

    help please

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: change date format from dd/mm/yyyy to mm/yyyy

    Add a column for the month =MONTH(A1) and copy down, and include that in the
    pivot. Maybe add a year and day column as well.

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: change date format from dd/mm/yyyy to mm/yyyy

    You could rightclick on the Date field (In the pivottable) and choose "Group and
    show detail".

    Then you could group my month (or month and year).

    Another option might be to use another column of formulas:

    =text(a2,"yyyy-mm")

    And use that in the pivottable.