formula to extract partial content (text) of cell

  1. #1
    milano
    Guest

    formula to extract partial content (text) of cell

    Any suggestions on how to extract partial content from cells? For example,
    if a cell's content has "MICROSOFT", I would like to extract "MICROS". Is
    this possible? Many thanks in advance for your help.

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: formula to extract partial content (text) of cell

    =LEFT(cell,6)

    look also in help for MID and RIGHT

    Peo Sjoblom

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Elkar
    Guest

    RE: formula to extract partial content (text) of cell

    Assuming "Microsoft" is in cell A1, you could use the formula:

    =left(A1,6)

  4. #4
    milano
    Guest

    RE: formula to extract partial content (text) of cell

    perfect. Thanks!