RE: keyboard command used to select a range of nonadjacent cells?

  1. #1
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: keyboard command used to select a range of nonadjacent cells?

    1)Use the arrow keys to select the first cell of the range
    2)Hold down the [Shift] key while you extend the selection using the up,
    down, left, right arrow keys.
    3)After the range is selected, and while still holding down the [Shift] key,
    press the [F8] key (they release all keys). You will see the word 'ADD' in
    the lower right of the status bar.

    Repeat above steps until done selecting non-contiguous ranges.

    Does that help?

    Ron

  2. #2
    Forum Expert swatsp0p's Avatar
    Kentucky, USA
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010
    Posts
    1,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Coderre
    1)Use the arrow keys to select the first cell of the range
    2)Hold down the [Shift] key while you extend the selection using the up,
    down, left, right arrow keys.
    3)After the range is selected, and while still holding down the [Shift] key,
    press the [F8] key (they release all keys). You will see the word 'ADD' in
    the lower right of the status bar.

    Repeat above steps until done selecting non-contiguous ranges.

    Does that help?
    Regards,
    Ron

    "Jessizzle123" wrote:

    > does anyone know the keyboard command used to select a range of nonadjacent
    > cells?
    Another option (especially useful if there are only a few cells to select) is to Hold down the Control key [Ctrl] whilst selected the desired cells.

    Good Luck.
    Bruce
    The older I get, the better I used to be.
    USA