can I merge documents in excel like I can in Word

  1. #1
    kaykayIT
    Guest

    can I merge documents in excel like I can in Word

    I want to merge data from an excel database to an excel spreadsheet. Is that
    possible?

  2. #2
    pameluh
    Guest

    RE: can I merge documents in excel like I can in Word

    What? An excel database? No such thing

    Excel has workbooks which are a collection of spreadsheets with data stored
    in a table format with each cell having a unique row and column.

    Microsoft Access is a database.

    Did you mean convert an access database into an excel spreadsheet?

  3. #3
    kaykayIT
    Guest

    RE: can I merge documents in excel like I can in Word

    Hello Pamela,
    We are currently using an Excel spreadsheet to perform a mail merge in Word.
    The data is coming from the Excel spreadsheet. I want to use this same data
    in a document created in Excel but I don't want to link the spreadsheets. I
    just want the data copied in to the Excel file in certain cells just like it
    is copied into the Word file in specific locations (fields). Word gives the
    option of using an Excel file (database) as the data source.

    I know this sounds backwards but the Excel file we are using is retrieving
    the data from an Access application. This is because they want us to stop
    using the Access application and go back to merging into templates.

    An answer to the original question would be helpful even if done
    programmatically.

    Thanx

  4. #4
    pameluh
    Guest

    RE: can I merge documents in excel like I can in Word

    Yes. Data | Import External Data | Import Data