first time linking worksheets need some info and help

  1. #1
    Bryan J Bloom
    Guest

    first time linking worksheets need some info and help

    I'm trying to link 4 cells with dates in them to be inputted into the second
    sheet for calculation. BUT the info is in a cycle. So basically I need it to
    link and stay. But when I do the next cycle, I need the info to change. I do
    have a column that is counting the cycles. So can I make it so it'll link the
    info until the cycle number changes? (a Formula???) if so how do i put a link
    and formula together.

    Also if this is figured out,can you possibly link a cell to two different
    worksheets within a workbook?

    Thank You
    Bryan Bloom

  2. #2
    pinmaster
    Can you give an example as to what you are trying to do?

  3. #3
    Bryan J Bloom
    Guest

    Re: first time linking worksheets need some info and help

    A2 B2 C2 D2 E2 F2
    123 1/01/01 1/02/01 1/03/05 1/04/05 1

    a2= unit number
    b2-e2= dates the unit moved
    f2= what cycle its on

    So im trying to get the sheet to link to another worksheet, but not lose the
    info or the link when I start the next cycle.
    eg; the above example is now done with cycle 1 and is linked to another
    sheet, cycle 2 is about to start, so Im going to erase the dates. Is there
    anyway of Excel saving cycle 1's information in the linked worksheet?