A challenge for a real Excel Expert (Bob Phillips for instance)

  1. #1
    SANCAKLI
    Guest

    A challenge for a real Excel Expert (Bob Phillips for instance)

    Dear Bob,
    Thank you very much for your quick and useful reply. Using your formula
    below I was able to get the relevant data on a seperate column and use that
    column as a source for my drop-down list (validation). The problem, however,
    is that I have 25 rows to fill and therefore I need to use your fomula 25
    times to define 25 different columns as source for each row. Since I am not
    able to attach files here I sent you an e-mail to your address
    ([email protected]). I hope you got it. If not please let me know
    and I will send it to you again. In this e-mail I have attached an excell
    table which shows what exactly I am trying to do. Hope you will have a couple
    of minutes to help me.
    PS: can somebody tell me how I can attach a sample file to be viewable by
    the this community.
    best regards,

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: A challenge for a real Excel Expert (Bob Phillips for instance)

    As a starter, I am not best pleased that you are publishing my email address
    to the world. I go to pains to mask it to avoid spam, and you throw that
    away and publish it.

  3. #3
    SANCAKLI
    Guest

    Re: A challenge for a real Excel Expert (Bob Phillips for instance

    Dear Bob,

    I sincerely apologize for publishing your e-mail address. I would like to
    tell you that I am no expert on the "dangers" of such issues. Since I got
    your address from the web, I thought anybody can get it and that is why I did
    not hesitate to put it my message. Another reason was to get your
    confirmation that your address, to which I sent a detailed message, is
    correct.

    I would do anything to correct my mistake and prevent any harm to you. I
    have been checking other problems lately and see that you are of great help
    to many people. The last thing I want is to cause any harm to you and
    discourage you from helping people in the future.

    I apologize again and I would have understanding if you would not like to
    help me after my mistake.
    Best regards,