create pivot table formula without the GETPIVOTDATA function

  1. #1
    ebergkes
    Guest

    create pivot table formula without the GETPIVOTDATA function

    Previous to Excel 2003 I could use a pivot table result in a formula and copy
    that formula as a relative reference. In Excel 2003 a GETPIVOTDATA fromula
    is created and uses an absolute reference. Is there a way in Excel 2003 to
    either make it arelative reference (without editing the formula) or revert to
    the method used in all prior releases?

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: create pivot table formula without the GETPIVOTDATA function

    There are instructions here for adding the Generate GetPivotData button
    to a toolbar, and toggling the feature on and off:

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3
    ebergkes
    Guest

    Re: create pivot table formula without the GETPIVOTDATA function

    After posting I saw reference to your site and found the answer there - great
    site. Thank you!

  4. #4
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: create pivot table formula without the GETPIVOTDATA function

    You're welcome!