Excel 2003 - Replicating Formula in Column

  1. #1
    windsong
    Guest

    Excel 2003 - Replicating Formula in Column

    How do you replicate a formula down a cell when you only want the formula on
    every other row?

  2. #2
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: Excel 2003 - Replicating Formula in Column

    Insert a helper column adjacent to the column where you want the copied
    formula to be. In the first cell in the helper column type a 1. In the next
    cell down put a 2. Copy those cells and paste them clear to the bottom of
    your range.

    Now use Data->Filter->Autofilter on that column and select 1 or 2, depending
    on which rows you want to have hold the formula. Now copy your formula and
    select all the cells in the column where you want to paste. Before pasting,
    though, use Edit->Goto->Special and then select Visible Cells Only.

    Now paste your formula, then go back to Data->Filter-> and uncheck
    Autofilter to display all the rows

  3. #3
    windsong
    Guest

    RE: Excel 2003 - Replicating Formula in Column

    This worked beautifully! Thank you!

    Now that I have done the Jan and Feb worksheets, I need to copy the Feb
    worksheet to make worksheets for the remaining ten months. I assume I just
    update the first formula for each additional worksheet and replicate in the
    same way. Is that right?

  4. #4
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: Excel 2003 - Replicating Formula in Column

    Sounds appropriate

  5. #5
    RagDyer
    Guest

    Re: Excel 2003 - Replicating Formula in Column

    You could try entering your formula in, say A1.
    Then select A1 *and* A2.
    Click on the fill handle of that 2 cell selection, and drag down to copy as
    needed.

    Quick and simple!
    --
    HTH,