How do I convert csv to columns?

  1. #1
    plato
    Guest

    How do I convert csv to columns?

    Can someone tell me (using Excel 2330) how I make a csv file which has semi
    colon separation points into columns?

    thanks

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    6,195
    After you open this file all of your data should be in column A, select this column and Data, Text to Columns, Delimited, by semicolon should give you the result you seek.

    Quote Originally Posted by plato

  3. #3
    pameluh
    Guest

    RE: How do I convert csv to columns?

    Try this

    copy and paste your data into excel
    select the column containing the data with ; as the separator
    Data | Text to columns | Delimited | Next | Select Semicolon | Next | Finish

  4. #4

    Re: How do I convert csv to columns?

    Another way:

    Rename the .csv file to .txt. Then use file|open to open that .txt file.

    You'll see the data import wizard and you'll be able to specify that the
    semicolon is the delimiter.

    Another option would be to change your windows regional settings list separator
    to a semicolon. (I'd only do this temporarily since it's a windows setting).

    In winXP,
    Windows start button|control panel|regional and language options
    Regional Options tab|click the customize button|Numbers tab
    list separator.

  5. #5
    plato
    Guest

    Re: How do I convert csv to columns?

    "plato" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Can someone tell me (using Excel 2330) how I make a csv file which has

    semi
    > colon separation points into columns?
    >
    > thanks

    Thanks to all the replies...nice to know I also have options

    tnx again

  6. #6
    exceluserforeman
    Guest

    RE: How do I convert csv to columns?

    Data > Import external Data > Import Data

    select your file