Can't delete menu button

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor
    TN
    MS-Off Ver
    Microsoft 365

    Can't delete menu button

    I created a menu button (same row as File, Edit, View, etc..). It is assigned to a macro for a spreadhseet I was using. I no longer need the spreadsheet or the menu button, how do I get rid of the button? Tried & tried - no luck

    Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: Can't delete menu button

    Ltat42a, right click on the menu bar then right click on the button, delete
    --
    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    "Ltat42a" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Forum Expert swatsp0p's Avatar
    Kentucky, USA
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010
    Posts
    1,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul B
    Ltat42a, right click on the menu bar then right click on the button, delete
    --
    Paul forgot to mention that after right clicking on the menu bar to choose 'Customize'. THEN right click on your desired button and choose 'Delete'.

    Good Luck
    Bruce
    The older I get, the better I used to be.
    USA

  4. #4
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: Can't delete menu button

    swatsp0p, thanks, I must have been thinking faster than I can type!
    --
    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    "swatsp0p" <[email protected]> wrote in

  5. #5
    Forum Contributor
    TN
    MS-Off Ver
    Microsoft 365
    Quote Originally Posted by swatsp0p
    Paul forgot to mention that after right clicking on the menu bar to choose 'Customize'. THEN right click on your desired button and choose 'Delete'.

    Good Luck
    Ah.....got it. Worked great....Thanx!

    JF

  6. #6
    David
    Guest

    Re: Can't delete menu button

    Ltat42a wrote

    > I created a menu button (same row as File, Edit, View, etc..). It is
    > assigned to a macro for a spreadhseet I was using. I no longer need the
    > spreadsheet or the menu button, how do I get rid of the button? Tried &
    > tried - no luck
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    In Excel 2000 at least, you can hold down the Alt key and drag the button
    off the toolbar.

    --
    David

  7. #7
    Forum Expert swatsp0p's Avatar
    Kentucky, USA
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010
    Posts
    1,545
    Quote Originally Posted by David
    In Excel 2000 at least, you can hold down the Alt key and drag the button
    off the toolbar.

    --
    David
    Great tip, David. I learn more each day by accident than by design!

    Thanks for sharing.

    Bruce

  8. #8
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Can't delete menu button

    Hi David T.,
    That's cool, and something I am less likely to forget after trying it.

    It seems like something you learned accidentally. Another tip would
    be to how to restore your toolbars if you accidentally make the
    wrong changes to your toolbars. Do a search on *.xlb and
    find and click on the last modified, which should be the date and time you
    last saved Excel. You must not have hidden extensions.
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel....htm#emergency
    ---
    HTH,

    news:[email protected]...