I have downloaded a .xls document I cant open need file extension

  1. #1
    Kerry
    Guest

    I have downloaded a .xls document I cant open need file extension

    I have downloaded a document but I need a file extension .xls but I dont know
    how to get it, can someone help me, thank you. the document is a learn direct
    document, the link is
    http://www.learndirect.co.uk/home/co...ng/mapping.xls.
    Thank you.

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: I have downloaded a .xls document I cant open need file extension

    Download it to your computer and open it with Excel.
    If you don't have excel buy it or download openoffice for free

    http://www.openoffice.org/

    Peo Sjoblom

    (No private emails please)

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: I have downloaded a .xls document I cant open need file extension

    Kerry, you have to have Excel installed to work with this file, if you only
    need to look at it you can get an excel viewer here
    http://heh.pl/&2vt

    --
    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    "Kerry" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have downloaded a document but I need a file extension .xls but I dont

    know
    > how to get it, can someone help me, thank you. the document is a learn

    direct
    > document, the link is

    http://www.learndirect.co.uk/home/co...ng/mapping.xls
    ..

  4. #4
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: I have downloaded a .xls document I cant open need file extension

    A look at the workbook suggests that it's not really worthwhile due to
    design.

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software

  5. #5
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: I have downloaded a .xls document I cant open need file extension

    Hi Kerry,
    Don't have any idea what the other materials would have you
    do with the page, but it is not normal to be in page break mode,
    View (menu), Normal (in Excel) would bring you back to a normal view.

    But if you want Excel tutorials there are lots of them available
    on the web, links to a very small fraction of them can be seen at
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel....htm#tutorials
    all of the those links are freely available, many of them being
    university sites.
    ---
    HTH,

  6. #6
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: I have downloaded a .xls document I cant open need file extension

    Hi Kerry,
    One more thing if you do have Excel installed but have lost the
    association with the extension it can be fixed from
    my computer, view, file types, or better by
    reregistering Excel
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/slowresp.htm#reg

    which is essentially running the following from Windows Start, Run
    "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Excel.exe" /regserver

    check to see where Excel actually is first or try excel.exe /regserver

    It is unlikely that you would have Excel on your machine and not
    know it, as you have to pay extra when you purchase a machine,
    or purchase it separately. But if you had run Excel on your machine
    and lost the association with the file extension that is different.
    ---
    HTH,