The sheet path file name ?

  1. #1

    The sheet path file name ?

    Hi all ,

    How can i edit in a cell a formula to retrieve the whole path of the sheet and not only the file !

    Thank you veru much.

  2. #2
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: The sheet path file name ?

    If you can use a UDF in your workbook then you could use one like so

    Function FullPath() As String
    Application.Volatile True
    FullPath = ThisWorkbook.FullName
    End Function

    Nick Hodge
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Southampton, England
    www.nickhodge.co.uk
    [email protected]HIS

    "gaftalik" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: The sheet path file name ?

    ************
    Anne Troy
    VBA Project Manager
    www.OfficeArticles.com

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: The sheet path file name ?

    See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0002.html

    RP

  5. #5
    That retrieved the file path but what about if i need to open directly the needed sheet, given more than a sheet in a file. In short i need the sheet path .

  6. #6
    Ralph Orth
    Guest

    Re: The sheet path file name ?

    Did you get it yet? If I understand your question, you want to link another
    worksheet from another file to a cell on the current page. If that is the
    case, when you are in the cell you want to link, click the hyperlink button
    on the Standard toolbar, slect the file you want to link (one click), then
    click the Bookmark button, then select the sheet you want from that file.

  7. #7
    What i meant is that i succeeded to add the link to that file but i need also the file when it opens to open a specified sheet not any sheet , so could the sheet name be included in the link or only the general file name ?

  8. #8
    Ralph Orth
    Guest

    Re: The sheet path file name ?

    Yes you can.

    Use the menu Insert>Hyperlink... Select the file you want to link (with only
    a single click), then click the Bookmark button (toward the top on the right
    side of the Insert Hyperlink dialogue box), then select the sheet or name you
    want to open within the file. This is in 2003, and I think others are
    similar, but not certain.