fill cell value to the next empty row

  1. #1
    adey v.
    Guest

    fill cell value to the next empty row

    Is it possible to make ongoing entries one one worksheet ,automatically fill
    to the next available line (row) on a linked spreadsheet? I'm so tired of
    making huge , and largely blank, worksheets just to accomidate for every
    poosibilty of where info could show up. Thanks everybody out there for your
    help - you've been super!
    adey v.

  2. #2
    exceluserforeman
    Guest

    RE: fill cell value to the next empty row

    Hmmm,

    You could try my DelBlankRows macro at:
    http://www.geocities.com/excelmarksway

    You could assign it to a toolbar button and click it when you next update.

    You could send me the workbook and any instructional information.
    I could create a userform with listboxes and textboxes so that the user
    cannot actually enter data ditrectly into the worksheet but into the texts
    boxes. an update button to enter the text.

    Any information received is not shared with any persons, either living or
    presumed dead.

    [email protected]

  3. #3
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: fill cell value to the next empty row

    Hi adey,
    You are probably using the fill handle to copy rows down including
    formulas. If not you should first become familiar with it.
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/fillhand.htm

    But if you have a total at the bottom of your rows or want to insert and
    delete rows it can be more complicated so suggest you read
    Insert a Row using a Macro to maintain formulas
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm
    The formulas and constants are generated the same as with the fill
    handle, the the macro will also remove the constants from the
    inserted rows.
    ---
    HTH,