Date format not correct when you convert a CSV text file in Excel

  1. #1
    Scarab
    Guest

    Date format not correct when you convert a CSV text file in Excel

    Within my CSV file the date is in the format dd/mm/yyyy, when I convert it
    into Excel 2003 the date appears in the format mm/dd/yyyy.
    I see this problem also appeared in Excel 2002 but the regfix supplied by
    Microsoft Knowledge base KB835718 does not work for Excel 2003.
    Please any suggestions?

  2. #2
    bpeltzer
    Guest

    RE: Date format not correct when you convert a CSV text file in Excel

    As long as Excel has recognized the input as a date, reformatting is simple.
    Select the column of dates, then Format > Cells, select the Number tab. If
    you choose the 'Date' category, you can select a number of pre-defined
    formats for displaying the dates. If you choose the 'Custom' category, you
    can indicate your own preference, for example by typing "dd/mm/yyyy" in the
    text box.

  3. #3
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: Date format not correct when you convert a CSV text file in Excel

    Have to tried the workaround mentioned in the article, using the Local
    argument? I switch my settings to UK and I found that using Local fixed the
    problem:

    Workbooks.Open Filename:="C:\date.csv", Local:=True

    --
    Jim
    news:[email protected]...