Sorting of data in excel 2003

  1. #1
    jonpdavies
    Guest

    Sorting of data in excel 2003

    I have an excel 2003 workbook with 11 sheets.

    they contain information by week and include 1 master sheet containing
    all data.

    the data are numbers e.g. account number.

    the spreadsheets are as follows

    august 1_10
    august 11_20
    august 31_30

    going all the way to november.

    The numbers/data may occur on more than one sheet.

    my quesiton is what is the best way to show the duplicate number/data?
    macro? chart?

    thank you in advance.

    jon

  2. #2

    Re: Sorting of data in excel 2003

    I think the best way is to just use that one master sheet.

    I'd insert a new column and use a formula something like this:
    =countif(a:a,a1)

    to see the unique/duplicate values. (unique will evaluate to 1).

    Then I'd apply data|filter|autofilter to that helper column.

    If you want to look at more ideas, you may want to visit Chip Pearson's site:
    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm

  3. #3
    jonpdavies
    Guest

    Re: Sorting of data in excel 2003

    Thanks for the reply, although i need to somehow sort the data in the
    weeks that they occur, any ideaS?

    thanks in advance

    jon

  4. #4

    Re: Sorting of data in excel 2003

    I think I'd still put all the relevant data into a worksheet--maybe just the
    worksheet name and the date/number. Then you could process the duplicates and
    use that as a key sheet to go to the other sheets.