Can't manipulate pivot table

  1. #1
    Grrffin
    Guest

    Can't manipulate pivot table

    I look at a huge ss with pivot tables. When I try to manipulate the tables I
    get this message "Excel cannot make this change because there are too many
    row or column items. Drag at least one row or column field off the Pivot
    Table or to the page position. Alternatively, right click a field and then
    click Hide or Hide Levels on the shortcut menu."

    I have hidden almost all columns and still cannot manipulate. Don't
    understand how to drag a row field off the Pivot Table. Running Excel 2000.

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Can't manipulate pivot table

    The following MSKB articles outline PivotTable limits

    Limits of PivotTables in Excel (Excel 97 - 2000)
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=211517

    To remove a row field, you can right-click on the field button, and
    choose Hide.

    Also, try removing any column fields that have lots of items in their
    dropdown lists -- you can move them to the page area instead.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List