Problem inserting a new worksheet

  1. #1
    Nick
    Guest

    Problem inserting a new worksheet

    I cannot insert additional worksheets into the exisiting book. The option is
    faded out, suggesting I might have something locked or otherwise. Can you
    help please

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Problem inserting a new worksheet

    Hi Nick

    You have protect your workbook

    Tools>Protection

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  3. #3
    Nick
    Guest

    Re: Problem inserting a new worksheet

    Hi Ron, I have several pages in the document and I have made sure that they
    all unprotected, but they "insert" option remains greyed out

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Problem inserting a new worksheet

    Nick

    Ron is speaking of "workbook" protection, not "worksheet" protection.

    Tools>Protection>Unprotect Workbook.

    Sheet protection just prevents changes to the sheet which is protected.

    Workbook protection prevents changes to the workbook, like adding or deleting
    a sheet.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  5. #5
    Nick
    Guest

    Re: Problem inserting a new worksheet

    Brilliant, thanks very much all sorted and apologies to Ron for not reading
    his help properly

    Nick