Paste special treats cells as a picture

  1. #1
    charlie
    Guest

    Paste special treats cells as a picture

    I just got a new computer, and a newer version of excel, which is great, but
    whenever I try to copy from one file to another, my paste special function
    treats the copied cells as a picture. Instead of the normal paste special
    popup, where it asks me how I want the data to come out, I get a different
    popup that shows the source as a "Microsoft Office Excel Worksheet Object."
    It asks me what format I want the picture to come out as, and gives me a list
    of different file formats. If I try to just paste a link, it puts a picture
    of the other file on the new one. I talked to someone else at work with a
    new computer, and they have the same issue.
    I've looked around, but I can't find any way to get it to stop doing this.
    Thanks,

  2. #2

    Re: Paste special treats cells as a picture

    Make sure both workbooks are open in the same instance of excel.

    Open the first and file|open the second.

  3. #3
    Michael
    Guest

    RE: Paste special treats cells as a picture

    Hi Charlie. I have Excel 2003 and only get the picture options when I hold
    down the shift key when I click on the Edit menu. Any chance you're doing
    that?
    --
    Sincerely, Michael Colvin