Need help, simple math...from a percentage

  1. #1
    cfiser
    Guest

    Need help, simple math...from a percentage

    I am trying to add percentage numbers and it is rounding up/down...Is there
    any way to stop the rounding.
    example
    CELL C36 CELL D36 CELL E36
    ACTUAL # =C36*(1-20%) =C36*(1-80%)
    $169.82 $135.86 $33.96
    $775.81 $620.65 $155.16

    $945.63 $756.50 $189.13
    WHEN I USE A BASIC ADDITION DOWN EACH COLUMN, I GET NUMBERS ROUNDED DOWN IN
    COLUMN D AND NUMBERS ROUNDING UP IN COLUMN E. IS THERE ANY WAY TO GET THE
    ACTUAL NUMBER.
    THANK YOU

  2. #2
    Bob Umlas
    Guest

    Re: Need help, simple math...from a percentage

    tols/options/calculation, check "precision as displayed"
    Bob Umlas
    excel MVP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    cfiser
    Guest

    Re: Need help, simple math...from a percentage

    yea....thank you very much....