Merging multiple sets of cells

  1. #1
    Brian
    Guest

    Merging multiple sets of cells

    Howdy All,

    I would like to merge cells d2 and e2, d3 and e3, etc. all the way down the
    columns.

    Is there a simpler way to do this than selecting the sets of cells
    individually and clicking 'merge'?

    Thanks,
    Brian

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: Merging multiple sets of cells

    Copy d2 and e2 and paste at d3...
    ************
    Anne Troy
    VBA Project Manager
    www.OfficeArticles.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: Merging multiple sets of cells

    You can add an icon to your favorite toolbar.

    Tools|customize|commands tab|format category
    Look for Merge Across
    and drag it to where you want.

  4. #4
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: Merging multiple sets of cells

    Oh... and try the F4 key to repeat the last command...
    ************

  5. #5
    Ian
    Guest

    Re: Merging multiple sets of cells

    Merge D2 & E2. Select and copy the merged cell. Select D3 to E100. Go to
    Edit>Paste Special>Formats

    --
    Ian

  6. #6

    Re: Merging multiple sets of cells

    Then select
    D2:Exx
    and click that button

  7. #7
    Brian
    Guest

    Re: Merging multiple sets of cells

    Thanks to everyone for the useful info!!!