Closed Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Pivot Table Grand Total Placement

  1. #1
    William Horton
    Guest

    Pivot Table Grand Total Placement

    Does anybody know if it is possible to get Grand Totals on a pivot table to
    appear at the top of the pivot tables columns rather than the bottom (not
    subtotals, I know you can do that)? I can't find anything that says it is
    possible with Grand Totals so I figure I would ask the forum.

    Thanks,
    Bill Horton

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Pivot Table Grand Total Placement

    No, the column grand totals can't be moved from the bottom of the pivot
    table, and row grand totals can't be moved from the right.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3

    Re: Pivot Table Grand Total Placement

    Although ti would not technically be part of the pivot table, you could
    do this:

    - Complete your pivot table (PT).
    - Click on row 1, and insert a new row (or 2) to slide the PT down.
    - Now, in row 1, use a vlookup formula to display the "Grand Total" at
    the top of the sheet. e.g. =VLOOKUP("Grand Total",$A$6:$K$79,3,FALSE)
    where a6:k79 in the range containing the PT, and 3 is the row of the
    Grand Total I wish to display.

Closed Thread