Adding month and year to form date

  1. #1
    Dino
    Guest

    Adding month and year to form date

    Anyone know of a way to combine a cell which contains a month name (July) to
    a cell that contains a year (2006) which results in a date 6/1/06?

    Thanks,
    Dino

  2. #2

    Re: Adding month and year to form date

    =datevalue(a1&" 1, " & a2)
    format as a date
    (a1 holds the month name, a2 holds the year)

    (But July is usually the 7th month <vbg>.)

  3. #3
    Dino
    Guest

    Re: Adding month and year to form date

    Thanks Dave. I'm a blond...what can I say?

    news:[email protected]...