pivot table mutliple choice in page section

  1. #1
    Mr Curious
    Guest

    pivot table mutliple choice in page section

    Normally in page (filter) section I can choose only one or all items, but it
    would be very useful to choose a few items at once.

    Is it somehow possible?

    Cheers.

  2. #2
    Mr Curious
    Guest

    Re: pivot table mutliple choice in page section

    Thanks, but there is no Custom option in pivot table filter section (or I
    can't see it).
    You probably meant a normal filter on row data.

    Cheers.

    Użytkownik "Bryan Hessey"
    <[email protected]> napisał w
    wiadomości news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    6,195
    Correct, I withdrew the comment when I correctly re-read your question, . . but obviously not soon enough.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curious

  4. #4
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: pivot table mutliple choice in page section

    Double-click the page field button
    In the Hide items list, select the items that you want to hide
    Click OK

    The page field dropdown will say (Multiple items)

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  5. #5
    Mr Curious
    Guest

    Re: pivot table mutliple choice in page section

    It is indead some solution - thank you.
    If you want to change frequently values on a list which is pretty numerous
    this solution is not user friendly.

    Cheers.

    Uzytkownik "Debra Dalgleish" <[email protected]> napisal w wiadomosci
    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: pivot table mutliple choice in page section

    It may be easier to drag the page field to the row area, and use the
    check boxes in the dropdown list, to show or hide the items.
    Then, move the field back to the page area.

  7. #7
    Mr Curious
    Guest

    Re: pivot table mutliple choice in page section

    You're right- thanks again.
    I am just wondering why this optiion is available in the row/column area and
    is not available in the page area.