Find & replace a value in an unknown cell location

  1. #1
    mellowe
    Guest

    Find & replace a value in an unknown cell location

    Is there a function I can use to find a text string in a particular column -
    say in column (H) for string 'Mytotal' to be replaced by 'Subtotal' when the
    cell location of 'Mytotal' is unknown only the column is known? And also is
    there a function that can find a certain value in a column then delete the
    row below the found value? e.g in column (H) find 'Subtotal' then delete the
    row below the occurance of 'Subtotal'. Help is much appreciated with this one?

  2. #2
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    Re: Find & replace a value in an unknown cell location

    You can use MATCH to find where "Mytotal" is located, assuming you know
    either the row or the column.

    I think you'll need VBA to do what you want however.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: Find & replace a value in an unknown cell location

    You have replies at your thread in .excel.