I need to change the path of the linked files - thousands of them.

  1. #1
    Derekc
    Guest

    I need to change the path of the linked files - thousands of them.

    I need to change the path of the linked files - thousands of them, in batch
    in my parent spreadsheet. How can it be done?

    My old linked files are in:
    ='C:\Documents and Settings\owner\Desktop\PALOS VERDES BACK UP 2\UNIT
    ENTRIES - CURRENT\

    With a PC rebuilt, they are now in:
    ='C:\Documents and Settings\XXXX\Desktop\PALOS VERDES BACK UP 2\UNIT ENTRIES
    - CURRENT\

  2. #2
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: I need to change the path of the linked files - thousands of them.

    Could you select all sheets in the workbook then
    Edit>Replace:
    Find what: \owner\
    Replace with: \XXXX\

    That would fix the formulas.

    Does that help?

    ***********
    Regards,
    Ron

  3. #3
    noyb
    Guest

    Re: I need to change the path of the linked files - thousands ofthem.

    Rename current correct linked workbook file. Create a new "old" workbook
    dummy at the old location (it can be blank). Open both workbooks and
    then do "save as" on the dummy to the correct current location. Save the
    parent. Close Excel, delete dummy and rename the linked workbook to its
    correct name.