hyperlink for mac

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    lolarennt
    Guest

    hyperlink for mac

    hi! can anyone give me step-by-step instructions on how to create a hyperlink
    to a page (tab) in my excel worksheet? i use a mac. in fact, a mac laptop
    specifically. so i need to click ctrl then the mouse tab to right click, for
    example.

    here's what i want:

    on sheet 1, i write "more information on sheet 16." then "sheet 16" is a
    hyperlink to that page (tab), which is sheet 16.

    the reader can click on "sheet 16" in the text to go to sheet 6 instead of
    scrolling at the bottom of the page to find sheet 16.

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: hyperlink for mac

    Select the cell in Sheet 1, type CMD-K to insert a hyperlink. In the
    Hyperlink dialog's Link To: field, enter

    #Sheet16!A1

    Leave the Display field alone, or edit it as desired. Click OK.

    Change A1 to any other cell reference on Sheet16 if desired.

    Note that hyperlinks apply to entire cells, not just a few words within
    the cells.

    You can get around that if you put a transparent text box over the words
    you want to act as a hyperlink, then assign the hyperlink to the textbox.

  3. #3
    lolarennt
    Guest

    Re: hyperlink for mac

    thanks! but it's not working. what if i have spaces in the name of my tab for
    sheet 16. would i include those spaces? like #sheet 16!A1? i tried that but
    it doesn't work. also, what if i have parenthesis in the name of my tab like:
    sheet 16 (blah blah).