Compare two lists of data to find new entries

  1. #1
    Bugaglugs
    Guest

    Compare two lists of data to find new entries

    I currently run a daily report from a CRM database to monitor my sales teams
    activities with customers. Each activity has a 'unique' reference.
    My aim is to compare the report (which is in excel) from one day with the
    new report to show the new 'activities'.
    In simple terms I want to say if activity 'x' is in the new list the show
    the information from that row on a new worksheet so I can see at a glance the
    new activities.

  2. #2

    Re: Compare two lists of data to find new entries

    How about an alternative?

    Insert a new column near that unique reference (say column B is inserted and
    column A is the unique reference).

    Then in B2 (Row 1 has headers???), put this formula:

    =isnumber(match(a2,sheet2!a:a,0))

    and drag down.

    You'll end up with True's if there's a matching reference and False for no
    match.

    Then apply data|filter|autofilter to that range--you can show the True/False as
    you please.