Labels on Cells?

  1. #1
    Chaplain Doug
    Guest

    Labels on Cells?

    Excel 2003. Is there a way to place a label or tag on a cell in a sheet so
    that the cell may be referenced by that label or tag rather than by the cell
    number? I am building a workbook programmatically and it would be helpful if
    I could tag certain data in one sheet so that it could be referenced by
    another sheet regardless of the cell in which it ends up.

    For instance, I build a year to date sheet and it has totals at the bottom
    of the columns, but these totals do not always end up in the same row. In
    another sheet I want to reference these totals. If I could make a "tag" in
    the YTD sheet for the total of a column (like YTDINCOME) then I be able to
    reference that "tag" in a cell in my summary sheet that would lick my
    problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated. God bless.
    --
    Dr. Doug Pruiett
    Good News Jail & Prison Ministry

  2. #2
    David Biddulph
    Guest

    Re: Labels on Cells?

    "Chaplain Doug" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Excel 2003. Is there a way to place a label or tag on a cell in a sheet

    so
    > that the cell may be referenced by that label or tag rather than by the

    cell
    > number? I am building a workbook programmatically and it would be helpful

    if
    > I could tag certain data in one sheet so that it could be referenced by
    > another sheet regardless of the cell in which it ends up.
    >
    > For instance, I build a year to date sheet and it has totals at the bottom
    > of the columns, but these totals do not always end up in the same row. In
    > another sheet I want to reference these totals. If I could make a "tag"

    in
    > the YTD sheet for the total of a column (like YTDINCOME) then I be able to
    > reference that "tag" in a cell in my summary sheet that would lick my
    > problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated. God bless.

    Insert Name
    --
    David Biddulph