keep cell blank when false in IF statement

  1. #1
    ruthslaughter
    Guest

    keep cell blank when false in IF statement

    How do I keep the cell blank when doing an IF statement. I want the cell to
    remain blank if the statement is false but it keeps putting False in the cell.

  2. #2
    Chris W via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Re: keep cell blank when false in IF statement

    ruthslaughter wrote:
    >How do I keep the cell blank when doing an IF statement. I want the cell to
    >remain blank if the statement is false but it keeps putting False in the cell.

    If A1 is blank leave B3 blank, otherwise put A1 in B3

    =IF(A1=""," ",A1)

  3. #3
    Forum Expert Cutter's Avatar
    Ontario,Canada
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010
    Posts
    6,451
    To have a "blank" result for the FALSE return try this:

    =IF(A1>0,A1,"")

    Use 2 double quotes for the FALSE option.