How to Paste Link a cell with color

  1. #1
    Paste Link
    Guest

    How to Paste Link a cell with color

    I have a user who is pasting a cell from one spreadsheet to another but the
    original cell has a color background and when it is paste linked, the color
    is lost. Can anyone help with why this happens?

    dah

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: How to Paste Link a cell with color

    That is the way it works, a link never contains the format, the user needs
    to do it twice, first paste the link and then paste the format

    Peo Sjoblom

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: How to Paste Link a cell with color

    Formulas return values--not formats.

    Maybe you could use format|conditional formatting to mimic the colors?

    Or just copy|paste (no longer a formula, though)

  4. #4
    Paste Link
    Guest

    Re: How to Paste Link a cell with color