pivot tables?

  1. #1
    Patty via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    pivot tables?

    Each person in my database (of over 1000) has two rows of information. I want
    to combine two cells for each person so that there's just one entry per
    person. Someone suggested a pivot table but I don't know how to do that!

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: pivot tables?

    There are instructions for pivot tables in Excel's Help, and Jon Peltier
    has information and links:

    Put the names in the Row area, and the values you want to sum in the
    data area.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3
    cs02000
    Guest

    Re: pivot tables?

    Use a caculated field within the pivot table

    --
    cs02000