Need big time help.

  1. #1
    joe smith
    Guest

    Need big time help.

    I am trying to copy, lets say the phone list from outlook with mailing
    addresses. When I paste into excel any entries with 2 or more lines in the
    street address the 2nd line of the address will go to a new row with all the
    other info following it. I have tried most of the remove carriage return
    macros, i have tried parsing the address in outlook and with the address
    split by line I get the new row still but with an empty column and the 2nd
    line of the address goes into the next column on the same row. We have some
    addresses with 3 lines as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Need big time help.

    Hi Joe,
    If it is still moved over a column then I have a macro that I used with Excel 95
    If each cell on the row can be moved up to the previous row they will be
    combined.
    Delete Cells/Rows in Range, based on empty cells, or cells with specific values
    Delete Empty Cells but don't disturb rows (#DEL95HTMLemptyCells)
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...HTMLemptyCells

    ---
    HTH,