Copy filtered data

  1. #1
    Hans Knudsen
    Guest

    Copy filtered data

    Let's say I have data in A1:Gxx. Now I use Autofilter to find all rows which has a "2" in column C. Let's say it leaves rows 1:4 and
    8:10. Now I want to copy the filtered data in columns F:G and paste the values (not to an empty range which is easy) but to the same
    cells in colums D:E.

    Any help?

    Hans Knudsen

  2. #2
    Alan
    Guest

    Re: Copy filtered data

    Try Advanced Filter, excellent tutorial here from Debra Dalgeish, owner of
    the site,
    http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#ApplyAF
    Regards,
    Alan.
    news:%[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: Copy filtered data

    This assumes that you applied the filter to the worksheet.

    Option Explicit
    Sub testme()
    Dim myRng As Range
    Dim myArea As Range

    With Worksheets("sheet1")
    If .AutoFilter.Range.Columns(1).Cells _
    .SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Cells.Count = 1 Then
    'only the header row showing.
    'do nothing
    Else
    With .AutoFilter.Range
    Set myRng = Intersect(.Resize(.Rows.Count - 1) _
    .Offset(1, 0).Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible), _
    .Parent.Range("F:G"))
    For Each myArea In myRng.Areas
    myArea.Offset(0, -2).Value = myArea.Value
    Next myArea
    End With
    End If
    End With