My Precitions Spreadsheet - Help

  1. #1

    My Precitions Spreadsheet - Help

    Hi folks,
    I hope you can help me. I want to create a spreadsheet for a football scores predictions competion i'm running with some friends.
    What I need to do is have a column for each of the predicted scores per person then I need to have a column for the actual score.
    Now here's the tricky bit. Each person gets 1 point for predicting that the home team will win lose or draw and on top of that they get 5 points if they predict the correct score.
    I need a formula that, when the correct scores are added to one column it will then create a total of points accrued for each person in a seperate column next to thier prediction - I have tried long and hard to achieve this and am struggling. Anyone out ther that can help me please ?
    Thanks in advance,
    Ian

  2. #2
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: My Precitions Spreadsheet - Help

    It is best to enter a score in two columns; that way you can make exact
    comparisons without having to extract digit from a text string.
    I give an example for one person, easily extended to more.
    Put the actual score in column A and B. So 1-0 would be a 1 in column A and
    a 0 in column B
    The predicted scores are in C and D.
    In column E:
    =IF(SIGN(A1-B1)=SIGN(C1-D1),1,0)+IF(AND(A1=C1,B1=D1),5,0)
    Copy down as far as needed.
    In F1:
    =E1
    In F2: