COUNTING DATES

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Cody
    Guest

    COUNTING DATES

    How do i write a formula to count the number of lines on a database of
    information that have a date that matches todays date? Say I have a huge
    database with 10,000 lines of info and I want it to look at all the info and
    put a number in a cell that says how many of the lines in the datbase contain
    todays date.
    --
    na

  2. #2
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: COUNTING DATES

    See COUNTIF Worksheet Function in help
    ---
    HTH,

  3. #3
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: COUNTING DATES

    Hi!

    Try this:

    =COUNTIF(A1:A10000,TODAY())

    Biff

  4. #4
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: COUNTING DATES

    Assuming:
    You mean an Excel range of data containing dates, and
    Your test date is in Cell A1, and
    Your data range is in Cells B1:B10000:

    Then, if the dates don't have any times (01/21/2005, but not 01/21/2005
    01:30 AM) then this might work for you:
    =COUNTIF(B1:B10000,A1)

    If the dates listed in Col B include hours and minutes then try this:
    =SUMPRODUCT(--(INT(B1:B10000)=A1))

    Does that help?

    Regards,
    Ron