How do I find an Excel spreadsheet opened as attachment in Outlook

  1. #1
    Irv K.
    Guest

    How do I find an Excel spreadsheet opened as attachment in Outlook

    Using Outlook 2000...I received an e-mail with an Excel spreadsheet as an
    attachment. I opened it and spent a great deal of time adding information
    before I closed it. I thought I had saved it. When I went back into Excel and
    tried to call up the file via the list of most recent files accessed, it said
    the file could not be found. I have spent a great deal of time searching for
    the file with no success. I did read that Outlook attachments are saved in
    the Temporary Internet Files when opened but I have not been able to get to
    it by looking in that area. How do I locate the file and will the information
    I added be incorporated in it? If I can't access the information there, is
    there another way to recover the data I entered in Excel? Any assistance
    would be appreciated greatly.

  2. #2

    Re: How do I find an Excel spreadsheet opened as attachment in Outlook

    You may get lucky--or it may have been cleaned up...

    Open Windows Explorer
    rightclick on the C: drive
    choose properties
    Then on the General tab, click the Disk Cleanup tab
    Then select the Temporary Internet files from the Disk Cleanup tab
    Then click the View files

    You'll see a bunch of funny named folders there. Search through each one
    looking for your file.

    Maybe sort by date modified (when in detail mode)???