Right Click Fill Color

  1. #1
    Chipmunk
    Guest

    Right Click Fill Color

    Is it possible, to have a "right mouse click" option and it bring up in the
    menu various fill colors?

    What I need to happen, is throughout a spread sheet certain cells are
    changed often (only 1 of 3 colors) I understand that there is an option to
    select from multiple colors on the toolbar, but some sort of short cut would
    work better.

    Or even a spiral or dropdown in the cell to select a colors. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: Right Click Fill Color

    C,
    That... "option to select from multiple colors on the toolbar"... can be
    displayed on your spreadsheet. Click the down arrow on the button
    and then at the very top center of the color palette, click and drag the
    palette onto the spreadsheet.
    Jim Cone
    San Francisco, USA

    news:[email protected]

  3. #3
    Chipmunk
    Guest

    Re: Right Click Fill Color

    Not really what I was looking for. I was wanted something similiar to a
    right click & paste. Only, right click & red fill cell color.

  4. #4
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: Right Click Fill Color

    C,
    The following code will add or remove the color palette on the
    cell right-click menu...
    '------------------------------
    Sub AddSomeColors()
    With Application.CommandBars("Cell")
    .Controls.Add ID:=1691, before:=1
    .Controls(2).BeginGroup = True
    End With
    End Sub

    Sub RemoveSomeColors()
    Application.CommandBars("Cell").Controls("Fill Color").Delete
    End Sub
    '---------------------------------
    Jim Cone
    San Francisco, USA

    news:[email protected]

  5. #5
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Right Click Fill Color

    And if you stick Jim's code in the Thisworkbook module they will run when you
    open the workbook and close it.

    Private Sub Workbook_Open()
    With Application.CommandBars("Cell")
    .Controls.Add ID:=1691, before:=1
    .Controls(2).BeginGroup = True
    End With
    End Sub

    Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean)
    Application.CommandBars("Cell").Controls("Fill Color").Delete
    End Sub

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP