Can I edit headers/footers for an entire workbook?

  1. #1
    On Line All The Time
    Guest

    Can I edit headers/footers for an entire workbook?

    Currently I am selecting each page in the workbook and editing each one --
    there must be a faster way!

  2. #2
    Zack Barresse
    Guest

    Re: Can I edit headers/footers for an entire workbook?

    Of course there is!

    Select each sheet (tab) while holding the Ctrl key. Once you have your
    array of worksheets selected, goto File | Page Setup | Headers and Footers
    ... you know how to do it. From there, after you Ok out of that, just
    right-click any selected sheet and click Ungroup Sheets.

    Zack Barresse, aka firefytr, (GT = TFS FF Zack)
    To email, remove the NO SPAM. Please keep correspondence to the board, as
    to benefit others.

    "On Line All The Time" <On Line All The [email protected]>

  3. #3

    Re: Can I edit headers/footers for an entire workbook?

    You can group the sheets (click on the first tab and ctrl-click on subsequent
    tabs). Then File|page setup and change the headers/footers.

    Remember to ungroup the sheets (just rightclick on any of the grouped sheets and
    select ungroup sheets) or you may damage your workbook. Almost anything you do
    to a one sheet (of a group) is done to the rest of the sheets in that group.