Sorting file names

  1. #1
    Gordon
    Guest

    Sorting file names

    Up to now file namwes have been in alphabetical order. Now they are mixed.
    How do I sort the file names into alphabetical order?

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Sorting file names

    "Gordon" wrote
    > Up to now file names have been in alphabetical order.
    > Now they are mixed.
    > How do I sort the file names into alphabetical order?

    If you mean worksheet names, try Chip Pearson's:
    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/sortws.htm
    --
    Rgds
    Max

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Sorting file names

    If you mean filenames in a folder, perhaps you sorted them by "date" or
    another means.

    Try sorting by "name"

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  4. #4
    Gordon
    Guest

    Re: Sorting file names

    Thanks Gord (and also Max) - Yes I do mean file names in a folder. Perhaps I
    am slow but can't see a sort tab/icon
    Gordon

  5. #5
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Sorting file names

    In Windows Explorer,
    Click on the folder
    Click View > Arrange Icons by
    and you should see the droplist options to arrange by:
    Name, Size, Type, Modified
    --
    Rgds
    Max