How can I fill a time sheet from a calendar

  1. #1
    PeterM
    Guest

    How can I fill a time sheet from a calendar

    Every 15 days I have to make a timesheet for my hours I worked. So each time
    I have to change the weekends, because I don't work them. I also have to
    insert the time I usually work. Like so.
    9:00
    12:00
    12:30
    5:30
    Is there a way I can have the timesheet look at a calendar and fill in the
    weekends for me, and insert the above time in the other days?????

  2. #2

    Semi-Monthly Timesheet

    Hi Peter,

    Check out my attachment. It looks at the last day of the payperiod (15th and End of Month) and shades the weekends at 50% so that if any weekends were worked, one can make out the figures. It also changes the fonts for each job or contract line item number, so that it's easier to see which ones had any hours charged to it for that payperiod.

    All the magic happens w/o VBA. And it's worked well for me since Office 97, a few years ago.

    I've highlighted all of the cells that you need to examine for Conditional Formatting and/or Formulas.

    While i only have to mark time by the number of hours worked, in your specific case, you'll have to chage your layout to match the way you mark time by the clock. In any case my sample should get you going.

    HTH
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by AH·C; 11-26-2005 at 01:43 AM.

  3. #3
    PeterM
    Guest

    Re: How can I fill a time sheet from a calendar

    I went on the page, but can't find it, can you email it to me
    please.......Peter

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    What couldn't you find? Conditioning formatting? Select any one of the YELLOW highlighted cells and click on Format >> Conditional Format to see the formulas I used.

    I'd send an email, but you need to be registered.

  5. #5
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: How can I fill a time sheet from a calendar

    You've got to be kidding you are posting to a newsgroup, nobody has to
    register with a excelforum and nobody should put up with advertising when
    posting to a newsgroup. His email address takes a little bit of deciphering.
    ---
    HTH,

  6. #6
    David, who & what are you talking about? Advertising?!? Me?!?
    IRC, from my activity in Excel-L years ago, one could email one another via the list. Otherwise, I'm not putting my addy out in the open.

  7. #7
    PeterM
    Guest

    Re: How can I fill a time sheet from a calendar

    Did you confuse me with someone else? You were so very kind and helped me
    with a post I had on exel........Peter