Name Box

  1. #1
    PraxisPete
    Guest

    Name Box

    Hi Everybody

    How do you create Hidden Names for ranges? I would like to name a range of
    cells and not have the name appear in the drop down Name box, but be able to
    refer to it in VBA code.

    I am using Excel 2002

    Many thanks

  2. #2
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Name Box

    Hi PraxisPete,

    Try something like:

    '=============>>
    Public Sub Tester03()
    With ActiveWorkbook
    .Names.Add "Test", _
    RefersTo:=.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1"), _
    Visible:=False
    End With
    End Sub
    '<<=============

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: Name Box

    You have to do it by code:

    Names("ABC").Visible = False

    or with a utility:

    http://www.jkp-ads.com/OfficeMarketPlaceNM-EN.htm

    --
    Jim

  4. #4
    PraxisPete
    Guest

    Re: Name Box

    Thank you for your replies, problem solved.