Excel - How do I delete filtered out rows?

  1. #1
    rook
    Guest

    Excel - How do I delete filtered out rows?

    I want to quickly delete unwanted rows from a file. I can use a custom
    filter to "hide" the unwanted rows, but I'd like to delete those rows.

    Any suggestions.

  2. #2
    bpeltzer
    Guest

    RE: Excel - How do I delete filtered out rows?

    Instead of hiding the unwanted rows, filter to show ONLY those rows. Then
    select and delete the visible rows.

  3. #3
    Pete
    Guest

    Re: Excel - How do I delete filtered out rows?

    You need to choose a filter option which displays only the unwanted
    rows (i.e. the opposite of what you have now). Then highlight the rows
    which are visible and Edit | Delete Row.

    Pete