automatically update a number in cell when template opens

  1. #1
    Trampas
    Guest

    automatically update a number in cell when template opens

    I have just completed an invoice template for a new business, all works fine
    but I am trying to insert a function which will automatically update a cell
    number related to 'Invoice Number' each time I open the template so that I do
    not have to keep trying to remember or search for the number of the last
    invoice produced. Can this be done?

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: automatically update a number in cell when template opens

    If your invoice number is in A1, for example, you could write a event macro
    that updates the number each time the workbook is opened.

    See

    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/event.htm#wb_open
    --
    Gary''s Student