When I add a row to excel how can I stop formulae changing

  1. #1
    Dave L
    Guest

    When I add a row to excel how can I stop formulae changing

    I've done this before, but can't remember how.
    I want to add a row at the top of a sheet, but without formulae with a range
    eg =sum(a1:a5) changing to =sum(a2:a6).
    $ isn't the answer

  2. #2
    vezerid
    Guest

    Re: When I add a row to excel how can I stop formulae changing

    =SUM(INDIRECT("A1:A5"))

    HTH
    Kostis Vezerides

  3. #3
    Dave L

    "vezerid" wrote:

    > =SUM(INDIRECT("A1:A5"))
    >
    > HTH
    > Kostis Vezerides

    Thanks for that.
    How about if I after inserting a row A1:A5 changes to A1:A6

    TIA
    Dave