Auto-Filtering a Pivot Table?

  1. #1
    No Spam
    Guest

    Auto-Filtering a Pivot Table?

    Dear Excel 2003 Users,

    I created a fairly nice pivot table that feeds a chart showing the
    amount of hours for all of the different clients that a person has
    worked on. Management liked it but asked a question that left me
    scratching my somewhat empty head. Is there any way to filter out the
    "less important" clients - e.g. clients that were worked on for less
    than 5 hours?

    The data for the pivot table originates from an Access database, so I
    guess I could always do it there, but I was hoping that there was some
    way to have a pull down (similar to the pivot table pull down for the
    employee names or client names) on the pivot table sheet that had a
    list like this:

    Top 10
    Top 3
    Greater than 10 Hours

    Is anything like this even remotely possible? Thanks a million in
    advance!

    Kevin

  2. #2
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Auto-Filtering a Pivot Table?

    When you say it originates from an Access database, are you actually
    querying the database or is the raw data now dumped into Excel and you have
    pivoted from there?

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Auto-Filtering a Pivot Table?

    If you just wanted to show the Top x customers then right click on one of
    the customer names, choose field settings, advanced, Top 10 Autoshow = on
    and Show Top x, using field Sum of Hours or whatever your field is called.

    Regards

    news:[email protected]...