problem with pasting & #value

  1. #1

    Question problem with pasting & #value

    Hi,

    I hope some one can help.
    I have created a spreadsheet to extract data and sort it into individual worksheets for the work, units and time individuals have done daily. This data is then copied to the bosses non modifiable spreadsheet.
    My problem is:
    I am trying to copy& paste data from my SS with formulas to to the other. The cells pasted into only have formatting of numbers and time) The pasted blank cells with "" criteria return a #value in the calculations column of the bosses. Can anyone help with a means of removing what I assume are non priting characters being pasted from my sheet. This is all currently done with macros, but do I need to take a different track.

    Thanks

    Geoff

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: problem with pasting & #value

    Take a look at Dave McRitchie's TrimAll function at

    RP

    "geofffra" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Thanks Bob,

    Looks like some reading ahead. So far a quick glance at the site does not give the answer, but I will have a much closer look.

    As everything works well with zero values in the cells(boss hates the zeros), my thoughts are that I some how need to search through all the cells and delete ALL zero values before cut @ paste

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: problem with pasting & #value

    Why not just change the boss' spreadsheet to suppress zeros,
    Tools>Options>View and uncheck zero values.

  5. #5
    Thanks Bob,

    I was unaware of that feature.
    Now to see if boss is happy with that solution as i think they do more with it at head office and payroll.

    Geoff.

  6. #6
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: problem with pasting & #value

    Or if you want to be more selective is what cells you want to blank out the zeros
    (zeros are useful, they mean someone entered something, unless it is a formula)
    you can use cell formatting with the third operand empty

    Format cell in normal way then modify the 3 third operand to empty

    General becomes General;-General;;@
    or General;-General;;

    becomes
    --