How do I delete numbers in a cell

  1. #1
    Therese
    Guest

    How do I delete numbers in a cell

    I have two rows, one with numbers A, and one empty B. I put "x" in B, when I
    need to show that the payments in A has been done.
    How do I make the numbers dissapear? I have formatted A so that the numbers
    in A gets white when I write "x" in B so the numbers don't show. But the
    numbers are still there(althoug hidden), and the sum in the bottom don't
    change.
    Is there a formel I can use?
    Great if you know!
    --
    Therese

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: How do I delete numbers in a cell

    Instead of putting values in A like 123.45, put a formula like:

    =IF(B1="x","",123.45)

    When you change the B's the A's will really vanish.
    --
    Gary's Student

  3. #3
    Mangesh Yadav
    Guest

    Re: How do I delete numbers in a cell

    Suppose your numbers are in column A, and you enter x in column B, then use
    a formula something like this:

    =SUMIF(B1:B4,"<>x",A1:A4)

    This will sum only those cells that do not have an adjoinin x in it.

    Mangesh

    news:[email protected]...