Formatting for 15th and last day of the month

  1. #1
    Emilio Guerra
    Guest

    Formatting for 15th and last day of the month

    Hello, I need to create a worksheet that reflects exact payroll dates for
    every month of 2006 and 2007.
    Payroll is on the 15th and last day of every month.
    Obviously I can do this manually, but was wondering if there was a way to
    create the dates automatically.
    So, for example, create a formula that would automate dates as such, taking
    into consideration the above-mentioned parameters:

    12/15/2005
    12/31/2006
    1/15/2006
    1/31/2006
    2/15/2006
    2/28/2006

    etc.

    Thank you.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Formatting for 15th and last day of the month

    Put your starting date in A1, then in A2 add

    =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,IF(DAY(A1)=15,0,15))

    and copy on down.

    RP

    news:[email protected]...