Unprotecting 4 sheets before "WorkbookOpen" macro runs

  1. #1
    kcdonaldson
    Guest

    Unprotecting 4 sheets before "WorkbookOpen" macro runs

    i am trying to run a workbookopen macro but i keep getting an error staing
    that i am trying to edit a protected worksheet or cell. I do have all of the
    worksheets in this workbook protected but i am trying to run a macro to clear
    certain cells at open . Can someone tell me how to write it so that it
    unprotects all of the worksheets before it tries to clear the cells?

  2. #2
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Unprotecting 4 sheets before "WorkbookOpen" macro runs

    Hi kcdonaldson,
    Record a macro that unprotects the worksheet, select a cell so that
    you will have a distinct separation between the two parts, then
    protect the worksheet. During the recording if a password was used
    it will be recorded. You will then have the code that you can incorporate
    before and after coding that you are doing to each sheet.--
    ---
    HTH,